INSTITUTE OF HOTEL AND CATERING MANAGEMENT CRAFT COURSE SYLLABUS
ACCOMMODATION OPERATION CRAFT COURSE SYLLABUS (Theory) 1. Role of House Keeping Department. 2. Organisation chart of House Keeping Department. 3. Types of rooms. 4. Duties and Responsibilities of House Keeping staff. 5. Lost and Found procedure. 6. Baby Sitting. 7. Types of keys and keys handling. 8. Cleaning Equipments. 9. Maids cart. 10. Maid Service room. 11. Cleaning Agents. 12. Room cleaning procedure. 13. Linen and linen room activities. 14. Laundry. PRACTICALS 1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
Identification of Equipment and Agents. Bed Making. Metal Polishing. Floor Cleaning. Viva Voice.
FOOD & BEVERAGE SERVICE CRAFT COURSE SYLLABUS (Theory) UNIT – I 1. Introduction to the hotel industry 2. Departmental Organization
3. Ancillary Department
- Introduction to hotel industry. - Growth of hotel industry in India. - Specialty Restaurant. - Coffee shop. - Banquets / Functions. - Room Service. - Discothealues. - Bar. - Night Clubs. - Out door catering. - Interrelationship with other departments * Co-operation * Co-ordination * Communication - Duties and responsibilities of all categories of F&B staff. - Pantry a. Still room b. Plate room c. Hot section d. Wash up e. Linen store
UNIT - II 4. Restaurant
5. Types of meal & menu
Mis-en-place Laying tables & different napkin service at a table Type of meal - Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner - Supper - Brunch - High tea
6. Restaurant equipments
- After tea - Clevenges Type of menu A’la Carte Table’d liste Courses of French classical menu High tea menus Afternoon tea - Crockery - Glassware - Tableware – cuttery, flatware, hollowware - Silverware and - Stainless steel
UNIT – III 7. Room Service
8. Non-alcoholic bar beverage
9. Control Systems
Type of room service - Centralised - Decentralised - Mobile - List of equipments - Room service menus - Tea - Coffee - Milk based drinks - Juices - Soft drinks - Mineral waters / spring waters - Saluashes - Syrups - Functions of control system - Types of KOT’s - Duplicate and triplicate checking systems.
UNIT – IV 10. Wines
- Introduction to wines - Viticulture - Vinification * Harvesting * Destalking * Crushing * Pressing * Fermentation
- Care of wine * Racking * Fining * Filtering * Ageing * Bottles and Bottling * Corking - Wine categories – table, fortified and sparkling - Wine colour - Red, White and Rose - Characteristics of wines – Still, natural and sweet dry vintage & non-vintage 11. Principle wine producing countries (an outline)
- France - Germany - Italy - Spain - Portugal - Ingredients -Beer Making - Brand names
UNIT – V 13. Spirits
15. Gueridon Service
Whisky - Scotch, Irish, American & Canadian Brandy – Cognac, Armagnac Gin Vodka Rum - Production - Brand Names - Production * Cold method * Hot method - Cocktails - Banquets & Buffets
PRACTICALS Familiarization of equipments Laying of table cloth Mis-en-place Napkin folds Arranging of side boards Service of non alcoholic beverages - Tea - Coffee - Milk based drinks - Arrated water - Juices - Mineral waters / spring waters 7. Service of wine 8. Service of beer 9. Service of spirits 10. Service of cocktails 11. Gueridon Service 12. Service at banquets and Buffet set up. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.