PCLaw® Billing and Accounting Software
Efficiently manage your time and billing, gain expanded back-office functionality, and work seamlessly with your other productivity and research tools.
Thousands of law firms and legal departments trust award-winning PCLaw software to help take the headaches out of running the business of law by enabling them to easily manage matter information, track calendar appointments and tasks, capture time and expenses, bill and collect payments from clients, pay vendors, reconcile bank statements and manage trust accounts — all from a single source. Used by more than 9,000 law firms in Canada, PCLaw provides one system you can use to:
Work seamlessly with PCLaw and your other productivity and research tools
• Organize contacts and matters.
• Microsoft® Outlook®, Internet Explorer® and Word
• Manage client identification and verification.
• Time Matters® practice management software
• Record case notes, client emails and documents.
• LexisNexis® Quicklaw®
• Track appointments and to-dos (calendar events). • Handle client trust funds confidently with built-in accounting
• Perform payroll processing powered by ADP®*. • Reconcile trust and general bank accounts easily. • Track time and fees in the office or on the go. • Capture client expenses. • Create bills with custom client invoices. • Track accounts receivable. • Manage accounts payable. • Improve collections with credit card processing from
Payment Processing Inc. (PPI)**. • Produce productivity reports and financial statements. Efficiently manage time and billing • Time, fee and expense tracking • Billing and e-billing • Cash-flow management • Track the time and costs incurred for research through the
LexisNexis® PowerInvoice™ service.
Use the PCLaw Mobility service for real-time access to key areas of PCLaw — matters, time and expense entries, and contacts — from web-based smartphones and mobile devices with live Internet connections***. Why Law Firms Prefer PCLaw Law firms choose PCLaw billing and accounting software for its strong financial capabilities and because: • Startup is straightforward. • You can integrate with a variety of front-office tools, including
Time Matters practice management software.
• You get exceptional live-answer and email support. • Product upgrades address emerging customer needs. • Practice information is available at a glance. • Legal accounting tools help you meet regional and trust
• Convenient options ease conversion from other software.
Conversion from Legal Vision, QuickBooks®, TimeSlips®, ESILaw, Amicus Attorney and other systems is available.
Capably meet law-office accounting needs • Cheque writing • Trust accounting • Bank reconciliation • Financial statements and law firm productivity reports
Discover how PCLaw can help your firm reach greater levels of productivity and profitability. For more information, call us at 1-800-328-2898, contact your LexisNexis Account Executive, or visit www.lexisnexis.ca/pclaw.
PCLaw Features Time and Billing
• Expedite billing with custom client invoices encompassing
• Capture billable time and expenses as they occur —
• Enjoy simple, secure access to critical case/matter
• • •
time, fees, trust activity, disbursements and retainers. Track time and expenses on your laptop or smartphone while you’re out of the office***. Manage hourly, flat-fee, electronic, task-based, contingency and split billing. Share client and billing data with Time Matters. Rank time entries in the order of your choice for billing.
Accounting and Financials • Write cheques and receive client payments.
on the go.
information and client contacts — anytime, anywhere. • No cables or syncing is required to receive up-to-date PCLaw information on your smartphone. • PCLaw data is encrypted end-to-end, between your mobile device and your firm’s server, but is not stored on the device or server to preserve information security. Exceptional Support
• Produce income statements; generate staff, client and
PCLaw is backed by a dedicated, capable technical support department and Certified Independent Consultant (CIC) network. You receive technical support at no extra cost for 60 days to help get your new system up and running. Support is available by telephone (live), fax and email. The nationwide CIC network is available for firms that need local demonstrations, sales, implementation training and support.
Expanded Back-Office Functionality and Productivity Tools
• Handle client trust funds and reconcile bank accounts. • Efficiently manage accounts receivable.
practice-area productivity reports; and manage your firm finances. • Export accounting information to both Microsoft® Excel® and Intuit® QuickBooks®. • Set trust retainer thresholds.
• Increase revenue and improve cash flow with integrated • • • •
credit card processing. Simplify payroll processing and tax remittance with PCLaw payroll processing powered by ADP*. Track time worked using Word, Outlook and Internet Explorer. Recover more client costs with built-in cost recovery integration. Take advantage of the automatic data-backup utility.
MONEY-BACK G UA R A N T E E †
Try PCLaw billing and accounting software for 60 days. If you are not satisfied, just return it for a full refund less shipping.
Request More Information | For more information, complete the form below and fax it toll-free to 1-866-290-5590 (or 416-862-8073 in Toronto). ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Name ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Firm/Organization ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Address ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ City Province Postal Code ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Phone Fax Email
Are you a Quicklaw ® customer?
Quicklaw Customer Number:_________________________________________
* Charges for the ADP service are in addition to the cost of the PCLaw software. † Some restrictions may apply. ** Charges for the credit-card payment-processing service are in addition to the cost of the PCLaw software. *** PCLaw Mobility is included at no additional cost as part of your Annual Maintenance Plan (AMP). You may, however, incur data charges from your mobile provider when you use the service. LexisNexis and the Knowledge Burst logo are registered trademarks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under licence. PCLaw is a registered trademark of LexisNexis Practice Management Systems Inc. Time Matters is a registered trademark of LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. Quicklaw is a registered trademark of LexisNexis Canada Inc. Other products or services may be trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective companies. © 2012 LexisNexis Canada Inc. All rights reserved. PM-PCLFlyer-01/12